Alpha PS1 Powered Speaker
All the Music. All the Power.
The PSB Alpha PS1 takes its most popular Alpha Series concept to an entirely new level by building a high performance amplifier into the left speaker to make a versatile desktop solution with enough acoustic output to rock a small to medium sized room.
The Alpha PS1 Powered Speaker is engineered for the true-to-nature sound for which PSB is known. Many small speakers employ tricks like exaggerating the treble or falsely boosting bass to overcome limitations and poor performance, but not so with the Alpha PS1. Using sound research and exhaustive testing at Canada's National Research Council in the nation's capital of Ottawa, our PSB team has designed the Alpha PS1 with extremely smooth and refined sound. You'll be pleasantly surprised by its output capability and solid tuneful bass response that belies the Alpha PS1's diminutive size. The response off to the sides of the speaker has the same smooth response as the sound directly in front, making the Alpha PS1s acoustically 'disappear' by projecting a large and exquisitely detailed sound image—a PSB performance hallmark. This is no ordinary computer speaker!
Simply plug your computer, game console, tablet or smart mobile device into the Alpha PS1 and you have a complete sound system—one with a high-end audio pedigree. For the ultimate in gaming excitement and dramatic home theatre effects, an optional powered subwoofer can easily be added by connecting to the convenient subwoofer output. The volume control will now adjust the Alpha PS1 speakers and the subwoofer together in perfect synchronization. If you crave a sonic boost for your TV, computer, CD, DVD or Blu-ray player or any other device, the Alpha PS1 won't disappoint. You can even go wireless by using Apple's AirPlay ecosystem and just connecting an Airport Express to the Alpha PS1.
Sporting a 3.5" metalized polypropylene cone and oversized magnet structure, the Alpha PS1 boasts a ¾" aluminium tweeter. The Alpha PS1 also includes a highly efficient 2 x 20W power amplifier. The universal power supply works with any AC voltage making it convenient for world travellers. Its curvaceous organic form is functional as well as beautiful, allowing maximum internal volume for good bass response.
To optimise your nearfield listening experience, you may choose to use the optional PS1 tilt base (sold separately) to adjust the position of the speakers.
The Alpha PS1 combines the amplifier and speaker together into a complete system solution design like no other. Finding separate amplifiers and speakers with this level of performance, at this price, would be impossible. Add in the small size, beautiful high gloss finish, and exceptional flexibility, and you have a speaker that is perfectly in sync with today's world.
- True 2-way Powered Loudspeaker
- 70mm Metalized (TBD) Polypropylene Cone Woofer
- 20mm Aluminium Dome Tweeter
- High Efficiency 2x20W Power Amplifier
- Acoustically Engineered ABS Cabinet with UV Coating
- Tuned Port extends low bass response
- Rear mounted Volume Control
- Stereo RCA Inputs
- Stereo 3.5mm Jack Input
- 5V USB Power Port
- Subwoofer Output
- Universal 24V Power Supply with both EU and US Power Cords
- 2m PowerLink Speaker Cable connects power to right speaker
- Soft drawstring speaker bags
- <0.5W Standby power consumption
- Alpha PS1 Powered Speakers - Dutch Manual
- Alpha PS1 Powered Speakers - English Manual
- Alpha PS1 Powered Speakers - French Manual
- Alpha PS1 Powered Speakers - German Manual
- Alpha PS1 Powered Speakers - Italian Manual
- Alpha PS1 Powered Speakers - Portuguese Manual
- Alpha PS1 Powered Speakers - Russian Manual
- Alpha PS1 Powered Speakers - Spanish Manual
- Alpha PS1 Powered Speakers - Swedish Manual
Timothy Tuen - Maryland USA
I've been looking in the market for a new computer speakers after my Razer Mako 2.1 system had died. I was looking for high end speakers that could replace them and decided to go the HIFI route ...