Legendary PSB quality and flexible performance
THE CS AIC 860 is an angled in-ceiling speaker that is designed to allow proper dispersion required to create a nice three-dimensional sound stage when recessed into the ceiling. The design minimizes the amount of refraction common to many angled speakers which can often give away the position of the speaker. The listener hears a wide and constant sound field which seems to emanate from the chosen listening area rather than from the installation point.
The premium woofer of the AIC 860 pays huge dividends in bass output and extension. This woofer includes a few of the tricks PSB has developed for its top of- the-line Imagine T3 speaker to get higher sensitivity and lower harmonic distortion at high playback levels. It retains all of the other features and advantages of its more affordable little brother, with an upgraded 1” titanium tweeter with Wave Guide and indexed adjustment for precise adjustment of the tweeters acoustic axis. Also featured are acoustic adjustments for the mid/woofer and tweeter level.
The CS AIC 860 features frameless magnetic grilles with invisible scrims. Both round and square grilles are provided, simplifying and reducing your inventory requirements. Installation is easy and predictable with the improved, simple, foolproof mounting system using heavy duty doglegs. Cutting templates are included. Pre-construction brackets and backcans are also available.
- 6 1/2” Premium 2-Way Angled In-Ceiling Speaker
- Proprietary Imagine carbon-filled polypropylene cone, rubber surround
- Proprietary 1” Titanium Dome Tweeter
- Pivoting Tweeter with Wave Guide and 15° AngledWoofer
- Perfect for high performance home theaterapplications
- Frameless round and square grilles
- Individual adjustment level switches for Tweeter andWoofer
- Design and final voicing engineered by Paul Barton
- High strength doglegs for easy installation and removal
- Pre-construction brackets and backcan available
- Gross Dimensions:
Round Grille – 10 3/4”
Square Grille – 10 3/4” x 10 3/4”
Cutout Dimensions: 9 3/4”
Mounting Depth: 5”