Advanced Driver Platform
The T800’s 8″ (200mm) woofers and 5 ¼ ″ (135mm) midrange driver feature die-cast aluminum baskets, woven carbon-fibre cones, mass-loaded rubber surrounds, and an advanced motor structure that maintains constant magnetic force in the voice coil gap. The 1″ (25mm) titanium dome tweeter features Ferrofluid damping and a neodymium magnet.
The improved driver platform results in a dramatic reduction of non-linear distortion, allowing for higher sound pressure levels without compression or increased THD and IM distortion. This can be immediately recognized by a more open midrange and deep bass impact. Small gradations in sound, or micro-dynamics, are vastly improved compared to all previous drivers. The advanced driver assembly features (Faraday rings, shorted turn, longer voice coil, and symmetrical magnetic drive) all work in harmony to reduce driver distortion.
In complement to an improved driver is the most advanced amplitude-perfect Linkwitz-Riley 4th order crossover that any PSB speaker has ever utilized, featuring high-voltage poly film capacitors and oxygen-free interconnect wire for complete driver control.
A robust, acoustically inert MDF cabinet with aluminum-clad front baffles for maximum rigidity and density make up the enclosure for the Synchrony T800. Individually-tuned chambers and rear-firing ports are placed in each woofer to break up in-speaker standing waves.
On the base of each T800 tower, custom-designed IsoAcoustics integrated isolation feet prevent mechanical energy produced by the drivers and cabinet from being reflected back into the enclosure. Along with the outrigger stabilizers, the isolators provide a high degree of speaker isolation and control, while resisting lateral movement and oscillations to maintain accuracy and alignment with the listening position. Internal reflections with the supporting surface are attenuated, resulting in greater sound clarity and openness.
Extended Bass Response
The T800 features a full frequency bandwidth of 21 Hz-23kHz (±3db) with a well-defined, extended low-frequency performance comparable to a premium quality subwoofer. With its wide dynamic range, the T800 can play at the volume levels experienced in a live performance – even in large rooms. The T800 plays the deepest and loudest of any PSB speaker with great efficiency (92dB at 1 m) and the lowest distortion at any level.
Using the two provided bass port covers, listeners can fine tune the bass to control common room resonance problems at low frequencies. This allows them to control the bass output to their liking, allowing for customized balance of lows with the highs for any listening experience.
The T800s are available in two gorgeous finishes – Satin Walnut Veneer and High Gloss Black for a luxurious appeal. Magnet-mounted, acoustically transparent fabric grilles provide an elegant touch that will complement any room décor.
- Frequency response: 21-23,000Hz (±3db), 24-20,000Hz (±1.5db)
- 3 x 8” (203mm) woofers and 1 x 5¼″ (133mm) midrange driver with woven carbon fibre cones, cast aluminum baskets, mass-loaded rubber surrounds, and advanced motor structures
- 1” (25mm) titanium dome with ferrofluid damping and neodymium magnet
- Amplitude-perfect Linkwitz-Riley 4th-order acoustic crossover
- Five-way transitional array design that randomizes the floor bounce
- Low-resonance MDF cabinet with extensive bracing and decoupled aluminum-clad front baffle
- Individually tuned chambers with rear-firing ports for each woofer
- Outrigger stabilizers with integrated IsoAcoustics isolators
- Satin Walnut Veneer and High Gloss Black, with acoustically transparent magnetically attached grilles