PSB introduces luxurious finish option for best-selling over-ear headphones
CANJAM, NEW YORK CITY, NY, FEBRUARY 14, 2023 – PSB Speakers, long renowned for affordable excellence in loudspeaker and headphone design, announces a new Espresso Brown colorway for the M4U 8 MKII wireless ANC headphones at the CanJam premier headphone and audio show in New York City, New York, ahead of the public release. The advanced, wireless active noise cancelling headphones are the company’s leading headphone product and the new finish option will be made available across PSB sales channels in the spring of 2023.
New Color, Same Great Sound
PSB has a long-held reputation since 2011 of creating award-winning headphones. The M4U 8 MKII implements advanced personalization technology by Audiodo Personal Sound™ along with a comprehensive set of features. The new Espresso Brown colourway continues this legacy while bringing added luxury to the mobile listening experience.
Personalized Sound with Audiodo™
Using breakthrough technology and a non-replicable set of algorithms, Audiodo Personal Sound™ calibrates the headphones to adjust to the unique hearing of every listener, revealing the “True to Nature” sound signature which PSB Speakers is known for. Through a quick and easy hearing assessment, Audiodo Personal Sound™ maps out a precise and thorough understanding of the listeners hearing, calculates what changes need to be made based on personal sound perception and hearing abilities, and creates a unique profile for every user. All customization options, including Audiodo Personal Sound™ profiles, are accessed through the PSB Headphones app, a full-featured app that regularly keeps the headphones up-to-date with the latest firmware updates and codes.
Feature and Comfort Rich
Enhanced battery life, aptX™ HD Bluetooth, the latest active noise cancelling technologies and more highlight the M4U 8 MKII listening experience, while PSB’s immersive RoomFeel™ technology delivers the clear, natural sound of a live performance and stunning musicality overall. To ensure fatigue-free listening over long periods, the two-way adjustable ear pads are gyro-suspended for optimal ergonomics and supreme comfort. Soft foam ear pads, an adjustable, expandable headband and a lightweight design provide a customized, unrestrained fit so that nothing stands between users and what they want to listen to. Whether for work or play, the M4U 8 MKII headphones bring comfortable and noise-free extended listening to any hi-fi lover on-the-go.
Key Features of the M4U 8 MKII
- Bluetooth HD wireless connection with aptX™ HD and Qualcomm® cVc™ technology
- Separate Active Noise Cancelling (ANC), Active, and Passive Modes
- All-digital ANC with digital MEMS microphones decreases audio conversion error
- PSB’s latest RoomFeel™ technology with greater detail and better imaging
- Personal Sound by Audiodo™ through the PSB Headphones app
- Access additional features, settings, and over-the-air updates using the PSB Headphones app
- NFC pairing for supported devices
- Over-ear, amplified, closed back design
- Physical controls for volume, playback, and mode selection
- Unique dual 3.5mm input connections (left or right side)
- Tangle-free cords for analogue wired and USB-C connection
- 1/4” stereo and dual-input flight adapters
- Runs on included rechargeable battery power
- Up to 25 hrs battery playtime in Active Mode
- Gyro-suspended ear pads
- Carry case and easy folding for travel and storage
About PSB Speakers
Since 1972, Founder and Chief Designer, Paul Barton, has been cementing his legacy as an expert in designing and building high-fidelity speakers that incorporate scientific principles in psychoacoustics. More than 50 years later and now a strategic part of Lenbrook International’s global portfolio, PSB Speakers’ products are sold in more than 70 markets where the brand sets the standard for “True to Nature” sound and is critically acclaimed for its value-driven and nonfatiguing speaker design. With an expansive suite of products that include audiophile speakers, ANC headphones, powerful and musical subwoofers, and a family of installed speaker solutions, PSB Speakers is designed and built to bring life to recorded music at world class levels.
US Media Relations
Jeff Touzeau (OLEX Communications – US/Canada)
UK Media Relations
Steve Dalton (OLEX Communications – UK)
+44 (0) 7748-117-864