Advanced Driver Designs
The B600’s 6½″ (165mm) woofer features a woven carbon fibre cone that combines low mass and high rigidity, a mass-loaded rubber surround that suppresses unwanted reflections, and an advanced motor structure assures that maintains constant magnetic force throughout the voice coil gap. The 1″ (25mm) titanium dome tweeter features Ferrofluid cooling and a neodymium magnet.
Together, these refinements result in wider bandwidth, higher efficiency, better power handling, and reduced harmonic and intermodulation distortion. Combined with the B600’s amplitude-perfect Linkwitz-Riely 4th-order acoustic crossover, these advanced drivers deliver remarkably flat frequency response, so that every sound you hear is True to Nature.
The Synchrony B600 incorporates several measures to suppress unwanted noise and vibration. The enclosure has extensive internal bracing to minimize resonances that can cause uneven response and blur transients. The front baffle is clad in a 5mm-thick solid aluminum plate to minimize “baffle talk” that can obscure fine detail.
On the bottom of the enclosure are four isolation feet, custom designed for PSB by IsoAcoustics, that prevent vibrations from the drivers and cabinet from being reflected back into the enclosure. This translates to improved micro-detail, clearer transients, a wider soundstage, and more precise imaging.
PSB’s Synchrony B600 Premium Bookshelf Speakers are a feast for the eyes as well as the ears. Available in Satin Walnut Veneer and High Gloss Piano Black finishes, they’ll fit gracefully into any listening space. Acoustically transparent magnetically attached grilles enhance the B600’s visual appeal. PSB offers matching stands that provide a non-resonant connection to the speakers’ IsoAcoustics isolation feet.
- Frequency response: 55-20,000Hz (±1.5db), 50-33,000Hz (±3db)
- 1 x 6½″ woofer with woven carbon fibre cone, cast aluminum basket, mass-loaded rubber surround, and advanced motor structure
- 1 x 1″ (25mm) titanium dome tweeter with Ferrofluid damping and neodymium magnet
- Amplitude-perfect Linkwitz-Riley 4th-order acoustic crossover
- Integrated acoustic isolators from IsoAcoustics
- Low-resonance MDF cabinet with extensive bracing and decoupled aluminum-clad front baffle
- Satin Walnut Veneer and High Gloss Piano Black, with acoustically transparent magnetically attached grilles
- Optional custom-fitted 24″ speaker stands